MAKE THE BEAUTIFUL GAME YOUR JOB!
At Matchbase we are creating a whole new and unique way to experience football by combining local sports and mobile gaming. Our mission is to bring the feeling of being a local football star to every single football player.
We are now expanding our active community in Berlin and preparing for the nationwide launch while evolving our product driven by data and our user’s feedback.
In this crucial phase of growing our product, a local community and the company itself we are looking for you to help us evolving and improving our product. We have a state of the art tech stack using React Native, Graph QL, Node.js and serverless functions.
Your role at Matchbase:
- You will be an integral part of our developer team working on all relevant technical aspects of our iOS and Android Apps as well as our backend.
- You will learn a lot about building a state of the art mobile app.
- You will help to take both concept and design decisions and contribute to transforming them into solid code.
- You will will work together very closely with the community team to quickly implement user feedback into our product.
- You love football (Even better: You play regularly)
- Your studies are in Computer Science / Informatics / Applied Informatics/ Business Informatics / UX-Design or something similar (Still if most of the rest applies and you study something else please don’t hesitate to apply!).
- Experience in React Native and Node.js are a big plus.
- You have a feeling for intuitive service design and have the ability to think truly user-centric.
- You see the big picture of how your decisions written in code directly affect our business.
- You have a Lean Startup mentality always eager to quickly build assumption based prototypes, ready to be validated by data.
- You put people and human interactions above processes and rules.
- You’re a problem solver, and you’re eager to experiment and learn new things.
- You are capable of self-organizing your work and have a get shit done attitude.
What we offer:
- Building up a startup – You get the chance to take great influence in an early stage tech startup.
- Supermodern tech stack – Our setup is absolute state of the art. With all its upsides and downsides. We work with React Native, Graph QL, Node.js and serverless functions. You will take a very deep dive into our setup and contribute to improve it.
- Pair Programming – Pair Programming is an integral part of our development process and will help you to learn much quicker.
- High degree of autonomy – You will have the possibility to take decisions on your own that directly impact our business.
- You will learn a lot – You’re not joining us just for the sake of work. You’ll have a lot of challenging tasks that you haven’t had before, which will help you grow your experience. Also we’ll make sure focussing on the right skills that matter to you.
- Lean processes – We try hard to cut meetings and processes to a minimum, to ensure that you’re focusing on being productive. And we encourage all interactions to be direct and open, not forcing you to go through any intermediaries to get your work done.
- It’s about the team, not just money – We work on difficult tasks together, but there is also plenty of time to watch football together and have some beers. We’ll make sure you’ll have a lot of fun with us.
- No one else is doing what we’re doing – it’s that simple. We’re pioneering in combining local sports and mobile gaming to create a product we all dreamed of when we were children. Anything we create together is totally new to the world!
This is how we do it:
- First of all just send us a mail (by clicking the button below) that informs us, you want to apply.
- Within 36 hours we’ll reply and ask you for some more information about you
- Then if we believe you might be the right person for the job you will be invited to an interview with our management personally in our office or over Skype/Hangouts.
- If you convinced us in the interview you will get a small code challenge from us. Any solution can be right. We want to be surprised. If your solution is compelling to us you’ll be invited to our office to present it to our tech team.
- If we are all happy by then, you get the job!